Where I now am!

I have been working diligently on the piece I call conversations with an Angel. The truly strange thing about this is that I have a poetry book that I bought when I was about nineteen years old. At the time, I believe that book was an Off Broadway production. I still have it, and keep it on my computer desk to remind me of my goal. I believe that I am at the point where I need to divide my poems into scenes. The conversation is not only with one person but two. There are also poems where I talk about my life as it pertains to my mission and the struggle I am experiencing.

Everyone has his limits, and I am well past mine. My current experience was never a true aspiration of mine but has now become a part of my repertoire of experiences. Although I did attain and completed a totally different field of studies, it is as if I am at the beginning of producing. I have become a struggling artist who is waiting for her humongous break. I know my story will not have a Cinderella end in that, I feel my opportunity will not be handed to me. For nothing in life has ever been. Not that, I am saying that I should be given any significant favors, but my point is that I worked to acquire all that I have. It is extremely disconcerting then to have others take my kindness for granted or as though my generosity is worthless.

As for my writings I have one piece that I sent out earlier this year, but word will not come until February as to how I did. All my hopes are riding on that one piece. I am hoping that it will give me the notoriety that I need. My children’s book is also completed, but the illustration part of it still needs to be done.

I am not lacking in material necessity, but in emotional support. At the moment, I feel tired. I just had surgery, and I did not get to have that vacation I so desired. Five of my seven children have birthdays this month plus I am still trying to keep up with and meet my family needs not to mention keeping up with our holiday traditions. There is a lot that is currently happening that I was told was going to take place towards the end of this portion. The most troubling part for me is that I did not truly see the details of the end of this so to that I am unsure. All I know is that I am immensely troubled, mainly by my uncertainty of the end of this.

I am relying heavily on one piece to enable me as a writer, and as I hope for that start, the publishing contract for my current book draws to an end. The publisher did offer to renew it, but I have decided not to because they did not market it.

I still need to purchase the electronic version of it because only hard copies were given me at the beginning of publication. I did not have an electronic copy but lost my original, because my computer crashed. At that time, I did not have a back up file either. During that time, I lost a lot of other work, but since then I have quite a bit more than I ever did. Of course, this time, I have most of my work on discs.

The unique thing about conversation with an angel is that it is all on line just not in the format and the order of the final production.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric