Was hoping!

I was so consumed with my troubles.
I was not thinking logically.
Not for a moment did it occur to me;
That any person would not want to help me.
I guess my fantasy was that a human who knew
Would truly understand, know the significance.
Even though down through the ages man never did.

I felt my situation was unique based on my being.
Not that I am supreme to others, or should not suffer.
Just that these things will have more effect on men.
For my experiences as they are ingrained will determine
The way I judge them, for even this gives me understanding.
If anyone truly comprehends this, then it should have impacted.
Their decision, their action or lack of demonstrated self-centeredness.
Lack of care for their fellow men. Why I am sadden that I could
Then chose a reluctant non-caring person to be apart of me.
I keep considering, asking, how I could do that.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric