To Set You Free!

As an angel, I protected you.
Would not have wanted
Our love to have disintegrated.
Longed for our friendship to be
Preserved, for it to become what
My father intended for it to be.
As a person, I am at times unaware.
Had to be reminded of this again.
My heavenly father recently told me
At the time, he revealed your purpose.
I struggled with it, still is unsure about it.
I searched for answers, images of you.
Only to come to grips with the actual truth.
Father, Father, how could you, ask
Yet another difficult thing of me?
Not that I do not honestly love.
With that, I defiantly informed you.
As, though, it was you, I was angry at.
But so, that you may choose to leave me.
Apart from the fact that I was disappointed.
My defense is always to turn and run away.
It is written, in the right day, that I will not.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric