Perhaps His Intentions!

You have failed me once again.
Not that it matters this time.
Perhaps it is the physical city,
You loved, for you did not give.
Showed love or compassion to me.
The foundation we have is filled with rejection.
Refusal and hatred, not acceptance and care.
I reflected on it, grieved and now I will separate.
Move myself away from you and all of them.

Then again, that might have been your motive.
Strength given me to turn and walk away, forget.
Them, the wall that will shield me from everyone.
Who can ever penetrating my heart again?
The guarantee that not another man could
Ever hurt or come within yards of me.

Perhaps that was your plan to use me to destroy them.
I know that nothing is coincident when it comes to us.
You purposefully pushed me away. It took many years.
But, I became angry, and now I am, and I know that
There is no turning me around. We will never be friends.
Not ever again, but obviously that was what you wanted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric