Just another Day!

If I could conjure up anything in my mind or with my mind, I would be spending the weekend in the tropics. Saturday is my birthday, and I a few days ago; I decided that I wanted to spend it at my favorite hotel in San Antonio. It turned out that they did not have any availability. So I then tried to find a discount spa package. Whatever I found were either more than I could spend, or for couples; therefore, I left that alone.

In the past few years, I have had the worse birthdays and mother’s days, so I decided to do something where I would not be disappointed. Well this year will not be any different from the last two. There is nothing to achieve from imagining anything expect a terrific story line if one is writing a novel. This is my life, and it is true that certain aspect of it is like a fairy tale, but for the most part, whatever I have written was based on truth.

Another day, another year, what does it matter? I remain as I am, and those who should care are all indifferent. If I were still unmarried, this would not have impacted me as much as it is because I am married. Not that, anyone helped me while I was alone, but being married, has inhibited me. I used to be able to take a break and step away from my daily activity whenever, I wanted to. I used to give to myself and did not wait around for anyone to give or do for me. I started doing that from the time I was twelve years old. It was extremely limited, at times, but I understood my limitations. For me being let down and denied is lot worse than going without because I could not afford it.

Quite honestly all these days have been doing is confirming that I did the right thing in the beginning. The reason I long to move away from this, and, to return to what worked for me, which was being alone, and not depending on anyone else. As selfish as that sound, I am truly a giving person, but my experiences with people are that they are, and I have learned that I cannot rely on anyone. Seriously, if any part of what I ever wrote about is based on truth, then men will be impacted by it. If this is all imagined, then, it does not matter.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric