More precious than Diamonds!

If I’d ever married and divorced anyone.
It would not be property I’d want
Or try to escape with. It would be my seed.
That I'd hide from view. It would be my son.
The precious one, that was shown to me.
It is written that he would be my greatest
Accomplishment, and no one, not money,
The Government, political empowerment
Could remove him from me. Honestly,
I want my son. It frustrates me that you don’t.
I informed of him in the way I did because
I was angry, I'm sorry, I was indifferent!
Ironically my present situation is preventing him
From being and I frustratingly also tried to ensure
That he would not be. That was foolish of me.
But how could any understand unless they are me?

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric