Reflections!

I dried the tears from my eyes.
Momentarily focused on his face,
I recognized him, for an instant.
Then dismissed the thoughts as quickly as
I felt the familiar tear in my heart.
Instructed by him to get on with life,
Saw the same, reflected in his eyes.
Trapped in his web of truth and lies.
I looked, but could not decide,
To rescue, nurse the scars that was hidden,
Buried deep within my mentor, teacher?
The one who stood closely, encouraged me.

Should I turn away, ignore his pain?
His wounds disguised as accomplishments;
Brilliance, pride, ambition, ego, and neurosis.
Should I stay, endure his rage?
Defeated me as he lashed out,
Demolished my respect, honor, our friendship.
Returned me, to the very first day we connected.
Distant strangers, without care or compassion.
For, I was feeling despised, and rejected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric