Equally Yours!

What kind of person sides with a defiant teen?
Turns his back on a woman of integrity?
What kind of man refuses to recognize beauty,
The light that encircles to preserve my being
Simply finds me to be scary, with that shy away.

What does it matter if I hide my love under a rock?
Who would that benefits or ever profits from that?
Who of those among men needs an angel to advocate,
Relate to their challenges, struggles, things that hurt most?

Yet I am not only here for them but also for others, as well.
Although, with each passing day, as I deal with my issues,
I am frustrated, I feel that I am losing more than just my self,
Also, my love for men, my father, my partner, in addition to you. 

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric