To Extend Grace!

The worse kind of attack is a spiritual one. I awoke a few minutes ago after a frightening dream. In it, I saw my youngest brother being stabbed to death. The spirit that gave me that vision then said, if you are God, how come you did not know this. He meant, know that my brother left his wife to go live with another woman. I honestly do not know if this is so. I have not heard from them since the end of January. I have been too consumed in my own life, and I guess they have been busy, so they have not called me.

I know people do dumb things, and I certainly hope, that he never leaves his wife and children. The spirit indicated that the reason, he was killed, was because his action was sinful.

Well, I can say that spirit was not of God. God does not condemn people without giving them a chance, to repent. After many chances if they do not repent or change, then are they condemned.

I had a conversation earlier this week with my husband based on how he reacted to my responses, one would think, I dismissed him upon his first and only error. He was saying that we could take a trip together in the summer, when our children are at camp. I told him that would not be happening.

He then asked me why. I told him because of the state of our relationship. The only reason I am honestly here is because again, I feel that I have no other option. I tell myself, I am with him for the sake of my children, not to be vacationing with him. He told me that I was an angry, unforgiving person. He then said, he only knew about my breast surgery the day before, I had it, and that I did not tell him until then. Well the day before the surgery, he left for Canada. I am sure we did not have much of a conversation that day.

In my opinion, he does that a lot. He tries to play mind games, and to twist the facts so that one would think all our issues lies with me. Some of my resentment comes from that, from him even stating that the children issues are a result of my anger. I know I had been blogging about that. I was so grieved about having to face some of these things alone and the uncaring attitude of him and the children. No matter what spin; he puts on it, he was wrong not to have taken any interest in inquiring about my welbeing, the day of the surgery.

God desire is to be merciful to people. That is the precise reason we are here. It is to understand, situations such as these. Is a person walking out on their spouse always motivated by wickedness? By my own experience, I can justify a woman leaving her marriage because I too had been driven to that point. I am still here, only because my father has kept me and not enable me to do better. I certainly do not appreciate being emotionally abused, or abandoned by him. Because of that, I will undoubtedly not be putting myself in any position to be let down again.

It is not God’s intention for anyone to perish but for all to come to repentance. There was a time when God did condemn man, but we are now living under grace, and we are here to change our perspective of these things.

It is, however, still beyond me, that no matter the circumstance, my husband can only see his point of view. It is true that I am only seeing mine, and from my perspective, he had nineteen years and was given many chances. I live for my purpose and right now that purpose is to care for my children because this is not a harmonious relationship and I have emotionally moved on.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric