Love Validated!

I refused to give up.
To let go of my dream.
As I watch as my friends
Find happiness and all had
Their babies, I stayed alone.
For I did not know where you were.
Or where to look for you.

No tinker toy, or misty eyes.
No kiddy show, I did not know.
Just that I was not completed.
While others thought, I was complicated.
I was just simply a little frustrated.
I did not know where you had disappeared to.
Your name, your number were all unlisted.
Your beauty, your smile, won me over the first time.
Now to hear you say that it was I who turned away.

Should not have been this complicated.
Wish, I knew how all this was related.
Or that you felt the same way I did.
I would never have walked out without
Saying that I love you, lady.
That would have been love, validated.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric