Still waiting.

I had an MRI of my breast, yesterday. I was told that the radiologist would call me today with the result. So far, I have not received the call. I hate when that happens, for it is never favorable news. I guess I will have to wait for yet another day.     
                                                      
                                                             Still waiting and waiting but I know
                                                           I am not a paper doll, I cannot be torn.
                                                        Even if my flesh become metastatic and worn.
                                                  I refused to be cut apart, glued as if my chest were trash.
                                                     More like my grandfather’s old clock, my hope
                                                     My desire will not fade, for I prefer to die of old age.
                                                       But even if I lose my fight, just look up at night.
                                                    And smile with me along with all the bright twinkling stars.
                                                        
                                                      Tick tock, tick tock, That is really just a clock, not me.
                                                    I know better than that, although, I’m sorely disappointed.
                                         Wish only to see your beautiful smiling face again, my beloved friend.
                                              But I refuse to be undone although I might have lost this round.
                                                  I am not shocked, but I am as determined and will fight back.
                                                  Yet, I’ve learned enough to have accomplished my goal.


For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric