Should have done the same!

I took a short walk on the wild side.
I was not dressed like my usual self.
Went to the movies drank a sprite.
Eat a bag of extremely buttery popcorn.

To my surprise memory of my meeting.
Him for the first time, as flesh, came to me.
It was shortly after being in New York City.
Under the arch, at Columbia University.

As he walked away, I was disappointed.
A few days later, he came back to me.
I was dining with a girl friend.
Did not want simply to leave to go to him.

So, to my regret, He left. It was seven or eight
Years before I saw him again, by then I had fallen for
The one I now called my prince. I had lost interest,
In the King. So I understand how he could fall
For a human person because, I did too.
But to my sorrow that did not work out for me.
I wanted it to, but was not sure, I wanted my aspirations
Even more than I wanted a partner, love and children.


For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric